What to Pack
Below is a list of suggested items to make your time on the mountain more enjoyable. Camp Gailor-Maxon is an Episcopal camp seeking to provide a safe, inclusive community for fun and fellowship and the items you bring should reflect that. Please pack clothing appropriate for outdoor activities in a Christian camp environment.
- Play clothes (6 sets)
- Older clothes (1 set)
- Dressier clothes (1–2 sets)
- Underwear and socks
- Jeans/long shorts
- Tennis shoes/closed-toe shoes
- Water shoes with a back (Chacos, Tevas, Keens, etc.)
- Shower shoes (could be water shoes or flip-flops, etc.)
- Insect repellant
- Twin bedding and/or sleeping bag
- Refillable water bottle
- White t-shirt, pillow case, or item for tie-dye
- Musical instrument (for Coffee House)
- Stationary/postcards, stamps, non-electronic games/cards for the cabin, books
- Camera (smartphones not allowed)
- Spending money
- Trunk, plastic bin, or large duffel bag
- Day pack
- Gallon Ziploc bags
- Dirty clothes bag
These are not allowed at CGM and will be confiscated to be returned before departing on Saturday:
- Mobile phones
- Electronic gaming devices (Gameboy, PSP, DS, etc), or clothing with inappropriate references.
iPods, other digital music players, and e-readers are allowed during siesta time with headphones if they are unable to connect to a mobile network or wifi.
Drugs, Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms Policy
All drugs, alcohol, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), firearms and other weapons, and live animals are strictly prohibited.