Join Our Team
DuBose is a faith-based, non-profit conference and retreat center on a beautiful mountaintop setting in Monteagle, Tennessee. Located just 45 miles from Chattanooga, DuBose is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Offering year-round meeting space, lodging, and dining services, our facilities regularly hosts retreats and meetings for faiths of all denominations, conferences, businesses, and local programs.
Our Mission: DuBose Conference Center is an historic Episcopal camp, conference, and retreat center that offers hospitality, programming, and sacred space to groups of all faiths and backgrounds for education, creativity, and renewal.
FARM-TO-TABLE AND SUSTAINABILITY INTERN
DuBose has an open position for a year-round residential camp and conference center Farm-to-table and Sustainability Intern. This is an opportunity for an energetic, creative, responsible, and self-motivated person who enjoys working as a member of a team to learn and grow in a professional, community-based and environmentally-conscious setting.
The candidate’s job will include working for and assisting the Executive Director in the following:
- Help design and implement this year’s organic garden in our established “farm to table” initiative at the Center.
- Growing herbs and vegetables to be used in the organization’s robust food service program.
- Managing recycling, waste disposal, and composting initiatives.
- Providing education programs for area folks in the garden project.
- Work with other staff on facilitating events (helping with setting up and tearing down chairs, tables, audio/visual equip. etc.).
HOUSEKEEPING STAFF - PART TIME
The Housekeeping Staff Member position is an entry-level, part-time job, with hourly pay. Housekeeping staff report directly to the Guest Services Manager (GSM) / Housekeeping Supervisor, who in turn reports to the Executive Director. Due to the seasonality of the business, longer hours may be required during peak business. Work week is Wednesday through Tuesday with payroll on Wednesdays. Employee starts at entry pay level, with opportunities for wage increases for dedicated staff members, after a trial period.
- Thoroughly cleans all assigned areas to meet prescribed cleanliness standards and supervisor expectations.
- Communicates regularly the status of assigned areas to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports any lost and found items to the Housekeeping Supervisor immediately, listing the room number or area where the item was found.
- Reports any damaged or missing items to Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Reports exceptional and/or unusual circumstances, such as bags left outside of rooms, sleep-outs, damage in the rooms, maintenance issues, etc. to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Maintains exceptional communication with Housekeeping Supervisor and other housekeeping staff in order to ensure an overall positive guest experience and the achievement of departmental goals.