For: Bluegrass musicians of all levels
Workshop Through: Larry Kernagis (Wernick Method)
Info: The Pete Wernick Method is an inventive teaching method that focuses on the student's desire to play music in a social setting.
- Hands-on learning in large and small groups
- Learn many bluegrass standards
- Gentle tempos! Mistakes expected!
- Full ground rules and etiquette of typical jams
- How to lead songs and how to follow new songs
- How to find melodies, fake solos, sing harmony
- Ear skills taught and emphasized, as in real bluegrass
- Reading skills not needed or used
- Group and individualized instruction on backup skills
- Understanding, low-pressure, time-tested teaching
Instructor Larry Kernagis was raised during the folk revival era of the 60's, cutting his chops on Flatt and Scruggs and the Kingston Trio. Eventually, he became a banjo instructor at the famed Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago. Larry has led Bluegrass jams at festivals across the country for the past 30 years. He now employs his banjo, guitar and vocal skills entertaining with "greengrass" Celtic group Def Leprechaun.
MORE/SIGN UP: drbanjo.com/camps-larry-kernagis-monteagle-2018.php